Friday, April 9, 2010

[Flashback Friday TOP 10] 10. United Skull of America



<br />



Flashback Friday is a weekly countdown of the fan selected top 52 skulls of Skull-A-Day 1.0. Each week I'll be posting an original skull along with some additional commentary in order from lowest to highest rated, with the #1 skull appearing in the last week of year 3 of the project...



#8: 10. United Skull of America








It was only when I finished this that I thought about the fact that I had used a map of the continental US only and had left out Alaska &amp; Hawaii. I felt pretty bad about it, but in the midst of the project I didn't have the time to return to it and try again with all 50 states. Finally last year I free moment and set to the task, and lo and behold I think the results were even better, go figure!...










This version is available as a limited edition silkscreen poster.



I even made a 9 foot tall wooden version of the original skull for my exhibition: After Life, that was at Quirk Gallery in Richmond, Virginia...










I plan on one day making the revised skull that way as well! So if you're interested in having an installation of the full 50 states as a skull in your museum, school, office, or gallery please get in touch!





Reference: http://skulladay.blogspot.com/2010/04/flashback-friday-top-10-10-united-skull.html

No comments:

Post a Comment